Teams are an important building block of successful organizations. Whether the focus is on service, quality, cost, value, speed, efficiency, performance, or other similar goals, teams are the basic unit that supports most organizations.
With teams at the core of corporate strategy, your success as an organization can often depend on how well you and other team members operate together. How are your problem-solving skills? Is the team enthusiastic and motivated to do its best? Do you work well together? This one-day course can help you get there!
What Will Students Learn?
- Understand the value of working as a team
- Develop team norms, ground rules, and team contracts
- Identify your team player style and how it can be used effectively with your own team
- Build team trust
- Identify the stages of team development and how to help a team move through them
- Recognize the critical role communication skills will play in building and maintaining a team atmosphere
- Identify ways that team members can be involved and grow in a team setting
What Topics are Covered?
- Defining Teams
- Establishing Team Norms
- Working as a Team
- Your Team Player Type
- Building Team Trust
- The Stages of Team Development
- Virtual Teams
- Becoming a Good Team Player