Although it takes plenty of creativity to design an event that is memorable and meaningful, it also takes careful attention to detail, adaptability, effective delegating, and a lot of work. This one-day course will walk you through the process of event management, from the beginning stages of planning, to the final touches (decorations, food, and music). While this course is specifically for corporate event planning, the elements here can also be applied to more personal event planning.
What Will Students Learn?
- How to plan a complete corporate event, including an agenda, budget, and goals
- How to keep your event on budget
- How to select an appropriate venue
- How to design a promotional plan
- How to determine whether partners, sponsors, and volunteers can help to make your event unforgettable
- How to select speakers and a master of ceremonies to add impact to your event
- How to engage your event participants
- How to evaluate the process once it is all wrapped up
What Topics are Covered?
- Event planning essentials
- Budgeting basics
- Getting others on board
- Selecting the venue
- Feeding the masses
- Selecting speakers and a master of ceremonies
- Engaging the audience
- Before and during event day
- After the event
- Practicing planning