We all try to do the best work that we can, however, there are times when things go wrong and problems arise. These things can be in or out of control and result in work that is less than it could be. That is why we take corrective action — to address any problems, deficiencies, or nonconformities that come up from time to time.
In this one-day workshop, we discuss how collaborative problem-solving can lead us to the root causes of problems, deficiencies, or nonconformities so that we, with our team, can use a corrective action process to correct the problem and verify the success of our actions.
What Will Students Learn?
• Outline the corrective action process
• Compare and contrast nonconformances, correction, corrective action and preventive action
• Integrate preventive action into a corrective action process
• Identify problems through customer complaints and audits
• Use risk assessment to assess the significance of problems
• Apply various tools (brainstorming, brainwriting, fishbone diagrams) to identify possible underlying factors of a problem
• Understand the fundamentals of other tools (Pareto Analysis, FMEA, Control Charts) to identify possible underlying factors of a problem
• Use the Five Whys to identify the root cause of a problem
• Understand the importance of verifying the root cause
• Employ collaborative decision-making to apply the appropriate action to eliminate the root cause of a problem
• Use SMART Objectives to make corrective action verifiable
• Verify the effectiveness of corrective actions taken
What Topics are Covered?
• Problem-solving model
• Preventative action
• Corrective and preventive action plan
• Identify a problem through customer complaints
• Identify a problem through internal audits
• Assess the significance of the problem
• Identify the root cause
• Determine and apply the appropriate action
• Verify the effectiveness of the actions taken
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us. Please also call us or email us before visiting to make sure that you will be served with our best services.
Manager – Business Development
+679 331 2193
Marketing & Admin Officer
+679 331 2193
Head – Workforce Development Training Unit
+679 331 2195 / +679 999 3659