Many sales people fall into the trap of talking too much. They just can’t wait to tell customers all about the features or benefits their product/service will bring or how great their company is without first understanding the needs and desires of the customer which is not the best approach to selling.
This two day extensive sales training program will guide participants towards uncovering the “Right” skill set and mind set a professional sales person should possess. From controlling conversations with customers to asking the right questions to uncover customer needs, this program will enhance sales staff’s ability to connect better with customers, overcome objections and close the sale confidently and effectively delivering commercial and sales objectives.
- Understand what is needed to have both the right skill set and mind set to sell.
- connect better with customers, overcome objections and close sales confidently and effectively to achieve sales targets.
- Learn and practice an effective sales questioning technique that will increase the likelihood of making a sale by better understanding customer needs while maintaining a great customer experience.
- Understand the 4 major behavioral styles and personality types and how to sell to each buyer type.
Introduction to professional selling
- Professional selling introduction
- Professional selling skill set and mind-set
- The perfect salesperson – Activity
Topic 1: The professional selling skill set
- Controlling a conversation
- Using the power of questions
- The OPEN question selling technique
- (Operational, probing, effect and nail down questions)
Topic 2: Listen and know your FAB – Features, advantages, Benefits (Skill set)
- The importance of listening
- Features, advantages and benefits
- Customer specific benefits
- Identifying customer’s decision criteria
Topic 3: Handle objections and close the sale
- Types of objections
- The APAC objections handling model
- Handling the most common objection “price”
- Nine closing techniques
Topic 4 : The professional selling mindset
- The right state of mind to sell
- The more “No’s” you get
- Visualize your sale
- Know what you’re selling inside out.
Topic 5 : Understanding buyer types and follow-up
- Understanding the different behavioral styles and personality types
- Find out your major behavioral style and personality type
- Selling to different personality styles
- After sales and follow-up