Discipline is not something any manager wants to do but it is a skill that is important to be able to perform consistently and fairly. This one-day course will look at the importance of minimizing discipline issues before they happen and the need to have a discipline policy in place. After determining what discipline is and what are appropriate levels of discipline, the course will explain the typical steps of progressive discipline and help you use it to manage employee behavior and performance.
What Will Students Learn?
• Realize the importance of onboarding and performance management in minimizing disciplinary issues
• View discipline as a positive part of ensuring employee success
• Differentiate between performance problems and misconduct
• Decide appropriate levels of discipline, considering escalation and mitigating circumstances
• Outline the necessary information to include in a discipline policy
• List the methods to communicate a discipline policy
• Define a progressive discipline process
• Describe the steps of a progressive discipline process
• Use informal structured guidance for minor misconduct or performance issues
What Topics are Covered?
• Minimizing disciplinary issues
• Discipline policy
• Progressive discipline
• Step 1 – Verbal warning
• Step 2 – Written warning
• Step 3 – Performance improvement plan
• Step 4 – Termination
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us. Please also call us or email us before visiting to make sure that you will be served with our best services.
Manager – Business Development
+679 331 2193
Marketing & Admin Officer
+679 331 2193
Head – Workforce Development Training Unit
+679 331 2195 / +679 999 3659