This course is about both the design and execution of human resource management strategies. This course has two central themes: (1) How to think systematically and strategically about aspects of managing the organization’s human assets, and (2) What really needs to be done to implement these policies and to achieve competitive advantage. It adopts the perspective of a general manager and addresses human resource topics (including reward systems, performance management, high-performance human resource systems, training and development, recruitment, retention, equal employment opportunity laws, workforce diversity, and union-management relationships) from a strategic perspective.
- List the main cycles in human resources and the critical steps of each
- Define strategic HR management and draft an HR strategy
- Explain the vital Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which should be constantly monitored in HR
- Assess employee morale and determine a formula for calculating it objectively
- Differentiate between types of turnover and determine how each should be calculated
- Describe the main types of planning approaches and how and when to use each
- The main cycles in human resources management
- Strategic HR management
- Measuring human resources
- Employee turnover
- Strategic planning for human resources
Human resources managers and senior professionals, specialists, team leaders, and business partners in the function who seek to broaden their knowledge and improve their skills in the key functions of HR as well as those who are responsible for evaluating HR and its effectiveness in the organization. This course is also suitable for those employees who are targeted for development or promotion within the HR function.