How do ordinary people use their skills and talents in everyday situations to become extraordinary, modern leaders? They do it through commitment and skill. Many people believe that leadership skills are inherent– you either naturally have them or you don’t – but research has shown that these skills can be very effectively taught with leadership training. Most people equate leadership with a specific position or job title. But you need more than a title on the door to have followers. True leadership is the ability to influence people to achieve a better result for an organization or group. The most effective leaders have a strong sense of self; they understand the qualities that make other people want to follow them, and they know how to adjust those qualities when circumstances require them to do so. This two-day course will give you the skills in communication, coaching, and conflict that you need to be a successful leader.
- Learn ways to prioritize, plan, and manage your time
- Identify your primary leadership style
- Develop some flexibility to use other leadership styles
- Determine ways you can meet the needs of employees and co-workers through communication and coaching
- Explore ways to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems